Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ya Know What I Noticed...

You know what I noticed....

So i have been to various grocery stores in different areas of Richmond this week and I see that all those places are collecting non-perishable food donations as well. It makes me really sad when I see some boxes barely filled and then they have signs that make you feel even worse: "1 box feeds a family of 4 for 1 day" I never realized how much food these organizations need and how hungry some families are. The economy is not in good shape, but I really take for granted the fact that I don't have to think twice how much a meal is or wanting to eat out at a nice restaurant or not. Then it got me to thinking about the William Byrd House. It're really important to donate anything: time, money, canned goods because anything helps. You make not like those can of green beens in your pantry or not think about buying those 68 cent cans of beans --> but to those that really need food, they'd love to have it.

On a lighter note! I'm really excited for Blackfunn this wednesday. :) Is it true? Free drinks on Dave? hehehehe

<3 Rachel N.

No comments:

Post a Comment