Monday, November 9, 2009

The Week In Review & then some

I'm really excited that this project is coming together! I hope all the events we have lined up go really well. I can't wait to meet new people, drink some booze, eat some hashbrowns, & stock up the William Byrd's food supply. Money is tight for everyone right now, but i just think about how worse someone's situation is than mine & I'm so thankful that I am able to help out & donate to them. I can't wait for Thursday's Hasbrown networking event & I'm even more excited about the event @ Blackfinn where you can come in for free if you bring a non-perishable food item! Cool-drinking during class! I think that's a first! Which means Dave Saunder's is the best professor EVER for letting us drink while doing school work! :)Is that even really allowed? hahaha. Anyway, everyone out there! Start collecting your cans & see you this Thurs night @ 8pm (waffle house. broad & glenside..yumm!)

:) Rachel N.

1 comment:

  1. When you give to foodbanks, keep in mind that nutrition is important. Some of you may think of foodbanks as ways to get rid of junk food you haven't wanted, but remember that families with children, and often folks with health concerns are those receiving your generous donations. Give non-perishable healthy foods, foods that can be combined into healthy meals, and healthy snacks. With a little thought, or internet research, it can be done.

    ReplyDelete