Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tis the Season

Thanksgiving always serves as the kick off for the holiday season and naturally puts people in good spirits. The end of the year brings with it time to reflect upon everything we've experienced, be they good or bad, and what we have to be thankful: things we've learned, acquired, accomplished etc. I'm feel very blessed to be in a position where I have all of my necessities. However, I can not be totally content knowing that many people, children particularly, may be going without. This is why I really hope the class canned food drive on December 3 will be a success! Unfortunately, I could not attend the other food drives the class held because I am very busy putting together a cabaret show for next month.

This class will end in a few short weeks, but hopefully people's drive to give back will continue. The show I have produced and created with my dance group Lipstick, will be held December 11th at Rendezvous and will hopefully be a great benefit for Safe Harbour, a women's domestic violence shelter. I encourage those who enjoy the arts to come out for a night of entertainment. Richmond.com description

If you could care less about this event, something I did last year that was very fulfilling, was volunteering with HandsOn Greater Richmond. One of MANY events they are hosting this season is a Float-On Food Bank( RSVP to this event!)on December 5th. No matter what you choose, I hope everyone finds a way to give back this holiday season!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment