Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We're going can crazy!

I am excited to see what's going to happen this Thursday at the Hashbrown Networking event, the New Media Mixer, and (drum roll) our very own BIG canned food drive. I think William Byrd Community House (www.wbch.org) is going to love us for our efforts, and I am interested in seeing what results we're going to have (in how many cans we collect, that is).

Something I'm concerned with is the challenge of getting folks to donate. I noticed on campus that a fraternity and another VCU student organization are both hosting their own canned food drives around this time, so I hope we don't wear people out by asking them for cans too!

Someone told me an interesting fact: The individuals who donate the most to the local food bank are those who have personally experienced having a lack of food themselves at one point in their lives. Also, since it tends to be difficult to get folks to donate, it is even more so nowadays with the economy they way it is, according to someone who spoke to me.

Anyway, like I said, I can't wait to see what our fruits will be in this class. Even if it's just one can, the WBCH will only be more better off!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment