Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hey there! Got a minute? I'd like to share some cool ideas.

So as you may or may not be aware, the class, Mass Communications 491 - "Interactive Marketing", and Project 4063 (the student-led community service effort of this class) are both quickly coming to a close. 

In fact, this week of November 29th to December 5th marks the students' long-awaited dream finally realized: The last week of classes. 

Yet, we students "aren't out of the woods yet", as there is, after this said week, the week for final exams. Lo and behold, although the classes shall cease, we still must look forward to an exam for this class.


What on earth does this have to do with my title of: "Hey there! Got a minute? I'd like to share some cool ideas."? 

You might be thinking right now, "Where are the 'cool ideas'? I'm leaving this blog post!".

      
Not to worry, my friend, I do have some cool ideas to share as I promised. I call them ideas because I'm not exactly sure of the validity of them yet. They are things that I've learned from this class experience:

  • I learned that on social media networking sites (such as the likes of "Facebook", "Twitter", et cetera) it is rude to not respond to someone who has left a post on your profile. 

  • "You tube" and many other websites are studied by some people in order to observe the user behavior on these places. "You tube analytics", for example, provides data on people who use You tube. These studies are very much like market research.
  • Finally, if you want to draw eager attention to something, you must demonstrate to people why they should care. People are busy and are focused on their own lives; so you really need to be interesting in order for folks to take the time with something you are showing to the world.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment